The Shoreham Airshow is a great day out for all the family with an extensive flying display and large showground full of attractions to explore throughout the day. In addtion to our normal attractions, the 2013 show will showcase two important RAF Anniversaries.
In the Air
Elite Helicopters are delighted to be returning to RAFA Shoreham Airshow to offer helicopter pleasure flights to show visitors. Flying in our Bell 206 Jet Rangers and Long Ranger, our passengers will get a unique Birds Eye View of Shoreham Airport and all the attractions of the air show – including some of the displays themselves.
Tickets are available in advance from Elite Helicopters’ online shop, www.elitehelicopterflights.co.uk for just £35 per adult or £30 per child under 14, or from our sales point at the Air Show on the day.
2013 Flying DisplayShoreham's Afternoon Flying Display will feature some of the best displays in the country including participation from the Armed Services.
The afternoon flying displays will feature a wide range modern and historic aircraft. For more information on each aircraft appearing, click on the links below!
2013 Flying Displays Times: 1100-1230 & 1330-1700 (TBC)
Current Flying Display Participation as of 3rd May 2013
Click on the links for further information on each display act!
- Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 - No 29(R) Sqn, RAF Coningsby
- Shorts Tucano T1 - No 72(R) Sqn, RAF Linton-on-Ouse
- Grob Tutor T1 - No 16(R) Sqn, RAFC Cranwell
- Westland Sea King HAR3A - No 22 Sqn, RAF Wattisham
- Avro Lancaster B1 - BBMF, RAF Coningsby
- Hawker Hurricane IIc - BBMF, RAF Coningsby
- Supermarine Spitfire - BBMF, RAF Coningsby
- Falcons Parachute Display Team - No.1PTS, RAF Brize Norton
A Salute to the Mighty 8th Air Force
- Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress - Sally-B
- North American TF-51D Mustang - The Fighter Collection
- Republic P-47G Thunderbolt - The Fighter Collection
- Curtiss P-40M Kittyhawk - Hangar 11 Collection
- Douglas C-47A Skytrain - Aces High
- Piper L-4 Grasshopper x 2 - Frazerblades
Classic Jets and Cold War Era Types
- Douglas AD4N Skyraider - Kennet Aviation
- Bucker Bu131 Jungmann - Axis Air Displays
- Bucker Bu133 Jungmeister - Axis Air Displays
- Bucker Bu181 Bestmann Mk6 - Axis Air Displays
The Great War
- R.A.F BE2c - Great War Display Team
- R.A.F SE5a - Great War Display Team
- Nieuport 17 - Great War Display Team
- Sopwith Triplane - Great War Display Team
- Junkers CL1 - Great War Display Team
- Fokker Dr1 Triplane - Great War Display Team
- The Tiger Club Turbulent Team - Druine D31 Turbulent x 4
- The RV8tors - Vans RV8 x 2
- Extra EA300L - Justyn Gorman
- TRIG Aerobatic Team - Pitts S-1D Special x 2
- Breitling Wingwalkers - Boeing Stearman x 2
- The Matadors - Xtreme Air XA41 x 2
On the Ground
The Shoreham Airshow is not just about the flying displays. The key to our success is all round family entertainment to keep everybody happy!
Entertainment for all!
"Haurel and Lardy" are always a huge hit with the crowds at Shoreham. 2013 will also see the return of "The Real Dad's Army" and "The Road Menders" so watch out!
All the fun of the fair!
The showground at Shoreham will be full with something for all the family. Ground entertainment will also include a fun fair and simulator rides.
The show will feature a large trade village as well as Craft Tent provided by Woodland Crafts.
There also a large collection of military vehicles and classic cars attending as well as all manner of trade and charity stalls.
Our showground will also include various food and drink outlets including Shepherd Neame's famous Spitfire Refuelling Point and the RAFA NAAFI Tent!
Saturday Evening Kite Flying
After the last aircraft has landed on the Saturday evening the skies over Shoreham will be illuminated by a number of "night-glow" kites flying from the crowdline.
Static Aircraft Displays and Careers
Representatives from the Armed Services will available to chat to you about life and careers in the forces.
There will also be the local flying clubs who will be happy to talk to you about persuing that dream of flight or a career in aviation. You'll be able to see the latest equipment and even take to the air in a helicopter!
You can also meet the display pilots and crews in the Meet the Pilots Tent.
Classic Cars and Military Vehicles
As well as the superb collection of aircraft, the ground show will be boosted by an impressive selection of classic cars and military vehicles which will also parade down the crowdline. If you are interested in exhibiting your vehicle, please download and complete the relevant forms below.